Cosmetic Dentistry-Dental Veneers
Dental veneers are wafer-thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored materials designed to cover the front surface of teeth to improve your appearance. Cheap Veneers in La Porte are used to fix discolored, worn down, chipped, broken, and misaligned teeth. Cheap Veneers in La Porte are also used to close the gaps between teeth.
A dental veneer is a thin, same-colored shell that is attached to the front of the teeth to improve the appearance of the teeth. They are often made of porcelain or resin composites and are permanently attached to the teeth.
Cheap Veneers in La Porte can be used to treat a variety of cosmetic problems such as chipped, broken, discolored, or smaller than normal teeth.
Some people only get one crown for a chipped or chipped tooth, but many people get six to eight crowns to create a symmetrical and uniform smile. The upper 8 front teeth are the most common veneers used.
What are the different types of veneers?
As per Cheap Veneers in La Porte Dental veneers are most commonly made out of porcelain or composite resin and require intensive prep work. But there are also “no-prep” veneers, which are applied through a different process.
Applying traditional dental veneers typically involves grinding down the tooth structure, According to Cheap Veneers in La Porte sometimes removing some of the tooth — even past the enamel. This allows for proper placement, but it’s also an irreversible procedure that can be painful to go through and often requires a local anesthetic.
Tooth reduction depends on your dental concerns and the number of teeth involved. When several teeth are involved, a dentist may order a wax model to show you how the veneers would look.
On the other hand, no-prep veneers may require some tooth preparation or alteration, but these alterations are minimal.
Cheap Veneers in La Porte
Cheap Veneers in La Porte will begin by grinding down the teeth and then making an impression of your teeth for the creation of a mold. Then they’ll send the mold out to a lab for the porcelain veneer to be made.
Once the veneer is ready, Dentist of Cheap Veneers in La Porte can place it on your prepared tooth and cement it in place. Temporary veneers may be used until the permanent veneers come back from the lab.
Meanwhile, other dentists may use CAD/CAM technology so a computer can design the veneer. Dentist of Cheap Veneers in La Porte can make the actual veneer right there in the office.
Composite resin veneers-
If you choose composite resin veneers, Dentist of Cheap Veneers in La Porte will etch the surface of your tooth before applying a thin layer of the composite material to your prepared tooth.
Additional layers of composite may be necessary to achieve your intended look. Dentist of Cheap Veneers in La Porte will finish by curing, or hardening, the composite veneer with a special light.
These include options like Lumineers and Vivaneers, which are specific brands of porcelain veneers. They take less time and are less invasive to apply.
Instead of removing layers of tooth under the enamel, no-prep veneers only affect the enamel. In many cases, no-prep veneers don’t require local anesthetics or temporary veneers.
What are the benefits of dental veneers?
The biggest benefit to veneers is improving the appearance of your teeth, giving you a brighter and more even smile. Dental veneers are often used to treat the following cosmetic occurrences:
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Severe discoloration or uneven coloring that can’t be fixed with whitening.
- Gaps in the teeth
- Smaller-than-average teeth
- Pointed or unusually shaped teeth.
Veneers can last for more than a decade, depending on the type of veneer you choose, making them a semi-permanent investment that can make you more confident in your smile.
Diagnosis and treatment planning
You will tell to the Dentist of Cheap Veneers in La Porte the result that you are trying to achieve. During this appointment, Dentist of Cheap Veneers in La Porte will examine your teeth to make sure dental veneers are right for you and discuss the procedure and some of its limits. They may take X-rays and possibly make impressions of your mouth and teeth.
To prepare a tooth for a veneer, your dentist will reshape the tooth surface, which is an amount nearly equal to the thickness of the veneer to be added to the tooth surface. You and your dentist will decide whether they numb the area before trimming off the enamel. Next, your dentist will make a model, or impression, of your tooth.
This model is sent out to a dental laboratory, which makes your veneer. It usually takes 2-4 weeks for the veneers to come back from the laboratory. Temporary dental veneers can be used in the meantime.
Dental Veneer Risks
Downsides to dental veneers include:
- The process cannot be undone.
- Veneers cost more than composite resin bonding.
- Veneers usually cannot be repaired if they chip or crack.
- Because enamel has been removed, your tooth may become more sensitive to hot and cold foods and drinks.
- Veneers may not exactly match the color of your other teeth. Also, the veneer’s color cannot be altered once it’s in place. If you plan on whitening your teeth, you need to do so before getting veneers.
- Though not likely, veneers can dislodge and fall off. To minimize the chance of this occurring, do not bite your nails, chew on pencils, ice or other hard objects, or otherwise put too much pressure on your teeth.
- Teeth with veneers can still experience decay, possibly necessitating full coverage of the tooth with a crown.
- Veneers are not a good choice for people with unhealthy teeth (for example, those with decay or active gum disease), weakened teeth (as a result of decay, fracture, large dental fillings), or for those who don’t have enough existing enamel on the tooth surface.
- People who clench and grind their teeth are poor candidates for porcelain veneers, as this can cause the veneers to crack or chip.
Please feel free to contact Dr.Kapil Mangla of Pristine Clinic at 1309 W Fairmont Pkwy Suite C ,
La Porte , TX 77571 USA if you are planning to get veneers done to reconstruct your smile or any other purpose.